Untitled MapleStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Harry Potter Thread =D

Go down 
+8
ViinH
LazyVieT
Zopickle
Pink
thanhla
Christine
DaggerKill
Kroptik
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pink
Pink

Female Number of posts : 74
Warning Points :
The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Moderator Points :
The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-21

The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 4:10 am

Nah, Dean Thomas isn't black, neither in the books nor in the movies. But the actor who plays Blaise Zabini is black even though I don't think he was described as black in the books. Not entirely sure though, as I actually don't remember him that much from the books.

It's gonna be 8 movies altogether. Because there will be 2 for the "Deathly Hollows". I just hope they won't let us wait forever for the second part. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kroptik
Kroptik

Male Number of posts : 77
Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

IGN : Wingless
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 11:36 am

Dean Thomas IS black in the books. It's mentioned in the American version of the Philosopher's Stone, in the chapter "The sorting hat".

It's in J. K. Rowling's own side, so I'm not doubting it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pink
Pink

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 3:46 pm

Kroptik wrote:
Dean Thomas IS black in the books. It's mentioned in the American version of the Philosopher's Stone, in the chapter "The sorting hat".

Ok, I believe you. It's been years since I read the first book and I really didn't remember that.
I guess after watching the movies it somehow got engraved in my brain that Dean is white, lol, so I never questioned it.
Back to top Go down
Zopickle
Faithful Mapler
Faithful Mapler
Zopickle

Number of posts : 1551
Warning Points :
The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Moderator Points :
The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

IGN : Zombie
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 4:45 pm

LOL i googled Dean THomas and he was Black , i always though Dean THomas was white and Seamus Finnigan was black =O.. Yea and they described Blaise
Zabbini as Black when Harry first met him in Slughorn's Compartment
Back to top Go down
LeFish
LeFish

Female Number of posts : 86
Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 4:46 pm

I preferred the books over the movies..
And speaking of murdering character designs (even though it's kind of totally off topic x]..) Twilight movie characters all look wrong D:..

And Daniel Radcliffe looked better in the first few movies. (we have the same birthday o.O happy late birthday =])

My favourite book in the series is and forever will be, The Prisoner of Azkaban, third book =]
Back to top Go down
Zopickle
Faithful Mapler
Faithful Mapler
Zopickle

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 4:53 pm

Lol Wow The prisoner of Azkaban was my fav book too but then the last 3 books were so amazing and Goblet of Fire was awesome =] so the last 5 are my fav =]
Back to top Go down
LazyVieT
LazyVieT

Male Number of posts : 1628
Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

IGN : TinhYeu
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 4:58 pm

I perfer watching the movie. I do like reading Its just sometimes you perfer something else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimii
LeFish
LeFish

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 5:01 pm

After Goblet of Fire Harry went a little emo o.O
And then Sirius Black had to go and die D:
And then it's ByebyeDumblydorr
D:

Ohmygosh Such a long time since I read any of them.
Lemme see if I can remember the titles o.o;;

Philosopher's stone
_______________< NO. I FORGOT D:
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Phoenix something..
Half Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows

My post got cut short. Lol?

Last edited by LeFish on Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zopickle
Faithful Mapler
Faithful Mapler
Zopickle

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 5:02 pm

Lolol the books are better than the movies, but the movies are awesome as well =]

Philopher's Stone
Chmaber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Half-Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows
Zo pwning Voldermort =]
Back to top Go down
LazyVieT
LazyVieT

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 5:04 pm

I think they took out some scenes from the book while making the movie. Whats your opinion on that Zo?
Back to top Go down
Zopickle
Faithful Mapler
Faithful Mapler
Zopickle

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 5:05 pm

Yes they did for most of them though The Movie we just finished recently the Half bLood Prince is pretty acurate in the thought that no big scenes were cut out =]
Back to top Go down
LeFish
LeFish

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 5:06 pm

O.o
I feel like i'm missing out on something..How do you know about the movie? o.o
Back to top Go down
Zopickle
Faithful Mapler
Faithful Mapler
Zopickle

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 5:08 pm

I Are Rupert Grint =]
Back to top Go down
LeFish
LeFish

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 5:10 pm

Srsly?! o.o
That is so cool o.O
Back to top Go down
LazyVieT
LazyVieT

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 5:13 pm

Zopickle wrote:
Yes they did for most of them though The Movie we just finished recently the Half bLood Prince is pretty acurate in the thought that no big scenes were cut out =]
Can't Wait Till It Comes Out. I still want your autograph!
Back to top Go down
LeFish
LeFish

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 5:19 pm

*waits for someone to tell her she's gullible
o.O;;
Back to top Go down
Pink
Pink

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 8:29 pm

My favourite of the books was "Chamber of Secrets" It was the most gripping one I found.
I really have to read the books again as I have obviously forgotten a lot. Sad Or maybe I just read too many HP Fanfics and I am starting the mess things up.

Who of you thought the Ron/Hermoine tent part in book 7 was a bit boring? I mean nothing really happened there for ages. It could have been shorter.

Last edited by Pink on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Strachs
Strachs

Male Number of posts : 541
Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 8:31 pm

the only thing i have read in all my LIFe is šEl Caballo de Troyaš or šThe Troyan Horsešwtver
Back to top Go down
Pink
Pink

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 8:39 pm

Strachs wrote:
the only thing i have read in all my LIFe is šEl Caballo de Troyaš or šThe Troyan Horsešwtver
Really? I am reading stuff every day, I'd rather read than watch TV. Novels most of the time. Lately I started reading fanfics on the net too.
You should get the first Harry Potter, who knows, maybe you'll enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Strachs
Strachs

Male Number of posts : 541
Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

Registration date : 2008-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 8:43 pm

oh i remembred.. i read manga... i have read like 1000 pages in total... i bet is not compared on how many pages u have read
Back to top Go down
Pink
Pink

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 8:54 pm

o_0 1000 normal book pages or manga pages? Because manga doesn't have much text, does it?
I easily read 1000 pages a week, lol. I just read a 90k word story on the net yesterday. I always liked to read though. I always found it fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Zopickle
Faithful Mapler
Faithful Mapler
Zopickle

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 9:35 pm

Ive started to read the harry potter books again , I finsihed reading the 7th book again and then i read the 6th book again and now im reading the 5th

backwards ftw =]
Back to top Go down
Pink
Pink

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 5:05 am

Zopickle wrote:
Ive started to read the harry potter books again , I finsihed reading the 7th book again and then i read the 6th book again and now im reading the 5th
backwards ftw =]
That's another way to do it, lol. A bit unusual but why not. Very Happy
I'd like to start with the first book again, but I cant find my copy anywhere. I got all the books but the first one is mysteriously gone Sad

If someone is interested. This was the first HP Fanfic I ever read. "The Seventh Horcrux" It's another version of Harry's 7th year at Hogwarts. http://www.melindaleo.com/fics/tsh/ Warning: It's very long. Probably as long as the "Deadly Hollows" if not longer Very Happy

Other good sources for HP Fanfics:
www.fanfiction.net (massive collection of HP fanfics and other fanfics. over 365k HP stories alone. My favourite fanfiction site.)
www.grangerenchanted.com (mostly Hermione based. You need to register to read the stories there.)
www.fictionalley.org/
Back to top Go down
LeFish
LeFish

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 3:42 pm

Sadly I only own the seventh book D:
And my friend had to go and kill its spine, and now it's kind of hard to read Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Zopickle
Faithful Mapler
Faithful Mapler
Zopickle

Warning Points :

Moderator Points :

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 3:45 pm

I own the 3rd,5th,6th, and 7th book hve to buy the rest =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Harry Potter Thread =D   The Harry Potter Thread =D - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Harry Potter Thread =D
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next